Today I’ve got this Issue on my Nationstates (nationstates.net)
Delivering The Goods
Success! After months of hard work, the police have busted a contraband-smuggling operation of incredible size, with several warehouses of a variety of illegal goods broken open and the ringleaders arrested. As all are cheering the police for their fine work, the question of what you should actually do with all this contraband is being raised.
I’ve encountered with many choices
1. “These ivory statuettes are from the tusks of endangered species,” says Customs Officer Georgina Kaine. “We can’t allow them into circulation, but to destroy art like this seems a shame. Maybe put them into a public museum, and preserve them for posterity.”
2. “Dead bodies… Thousands of dead bodies… This isn’t smuggling; it’s evidence of mass murder!” weeps compassionate citizen Larry Reagan. “Okay, so maybe the dead are cows and sheep, but animals deserve life too: isn’t that why we’re a vegetarian nation? We should erect a memorial, to pay respect to the souls of these good, deceased animals. Perhaps also, we could have a dignified cremation ceremony.”
3. “That’s… a lot of latex,” observes crime scene cleaner-upper Rosalia Wu, wading through millions of banned condoms. “Our enemies are determined to over-ride our choice to ban contraception, and we should fight back! I suggest we render these condoms ineffective with a puncture hole or six, then return them to the black market. Then, those who are sinfully engaging in contraception will be stopped from murdering unborn children.”
4. “This is something of a haul, but these aren’t trade goods anymore: they’re evidence!” says Judiciary Director Agnieszka Egan. “The goods should be stored as such till the legal processes are complete, then they should be carefully destroyed with a clear accounting trail to ensure ethical practice.”
5. “So, I make it almost a billion CURRENCY in goods here,” ponders your Treasury Minister, staring at an unethically-sourced blood diamond. “How about we sell this stuff, as official plunder? The revenue boost would be great for this year’s budget deficit. Tax cuts are good, right? This is our stuff now, after all.”
6. “You know, I can’t help but think that a lot of this contraband wouldn’t be illegal in a more liberal country,” observes one of the smugglers, from the chair your men have tied him to. “You ever considered changing your laws to allow some free trade and personal freedom, maybe? Like, if you could personally free me, that’d be great.”
7. Dismiss the issue
Option 2. sounds nice so I choose it.
The result saids ‘In this vegetarian nation the delicious smell of roasted meat is oddly commonplace.’
In result, my nation get a boost of this qualities.
Average Smiles Per Day 3.8%
Kitten Softness Rating 2.2%
Cheeks Turned Per Day 0.41%
Tourists Per Hour 0.1%
Bureaucratic Comprehensiveness Rating Scale Index 0.07%
And decline in this qualities
This choice is so nice.