Today I’ve got this Issue on my Nationstates (nationstates.net)
The Violet Mile
With an increasing number of inmates on death row, more commonly referred to as The Violet Mile, concerned experts from all walks of life have asked you about which method of capital punishment is the best to use on NATIONSNAME’s felons.
I’ve encountered with 6 choice
1. “Lethal injection is by far the most cost-efficient and clean method of execution,” suggests Tracy Rifkin, a wild-eyed and grey-haired military scientist who looks as if she hasn’t slept in twenty years. “Also, if we’re disposing of these worthless criminals, we may as well test out some of the more ‘experimental’ lethal chemicals that our R&D department is working on. They’ll require some tweaking to get right, but these scumbags are dead men walking anyway, right?”
2. “What’s wrong with a good, old-fashioned hanging?” proposes Aziz Young, a historical reenactor dressed in a period-accurate CITIZEN War infantry uniform. “We can hang the criminals in the town square, right in front of the watchful eyes of the public. We could even encourage fruits and vegetables to be thrown at ‘em as they swing! Ah, it’ll be a fine public spectacle, and a grand deterrent too!”
3. “You know, as much as we like to disavow less advanced cultures as ‘primitive’, I think they have some right ideas,” comments big game hunter Fatima Falopian, who recently returned from a safari in more savage lands. “I visited a tribe who execute troublemakers and the occasional sacrificial virgin by throwing them into an active volcano. They say it pleases the gods, and keeps disaster at bay. Sounds like a sensible plan to me.
4. “How about a method that’s fun for viewers, and gives criminals a chance to earn a pardon?” asks sleazy reality show producer Ian Killdamon. “We could place the criminals on an island, each with a weapon, and tell them they have 24 hours to kill each other. The sole survivor would then win his or her freedom. We could broadcast this battle royale live, and the ratings would be through the roof!”
5. “Maybe we should aim to be as humane as possible when we take life?” asks machine-tool specialist Rod Malik, holding a claw hammer in each hand. “We got bolt guns that butchers used to use in the slaughterhouses, back before you put them out of work with those veggie-laws. BAM. One bolt, one kill. Fast, effective, only a little messy.” He looks down at a circle of splattered mess on the floor. “Is anyone else getting hungry talking about this?”
6. “Kill the death penalty!” chants activist Rebecca Sisko, bursting out of a hiding place in your stationery cupboard. “Cull government sanctioned murder! Destroy these needless acts of revenge violence! An eye for an eye makes the world go blind!” The intruder pokes your security guard in the peepers with a pencil, then flees the room.
7. Dismiss the issue
Option 4. sounds nice so I choose it.
The result saids ‘Death row is annually emptied to feed the nation’s hunger for televised murder-games.’
In result, my nation get a boost of this qualities.
Shrinkwrap Consignment Productivity Index 14.2%
Bush-Santorum Dawning Terror Index 0.72%
Rich To Poor Income Ratio 0.56%
Rand Index 0.34%
And decline in this qualities
Tourists Per Hour 0.08%
Martin Luther King, Jr. Units 0.28%
Cheeks Turned Per Day 0.38%
Marx-Engels Emancipation Scale 0.39%
Paul-Nader Subjective Decentrality Index 1.3%
Kitten Softness Rating 2.2%
Average Smiles Per Day 4.2%
This choice is shit.