Today I’ve got this Issue on my Nationstates (nationstates.net)
Give Us a Break, Leader
A recent opinion survey carried out by the Leader Fan Club has suggested that you are the most beloved and accomplished head of state in the history of NATIONSNAME. They’re suggesting that to celebrate this good news, a brand new public holiday would put the hoi polloi in even greater admiration of your glorious leadership.
I’ve encountered with 5 choice
1. “Isn’t it obvious?” says Jack O’Brien, NATIONSNAME’s most famous trillionaire, calling from a private plane somewhere over the Pacific. “If the tax rates weren’t so appallingly high, I – and others like me – would be perfectly happy to stay and contribute to the economy. A tax cut would mean taking money out of a few unimportant things like healthcare, welfare, and the environment, but it’s the only way.”
1. “Patriots Day!” exclaims Minerva CURRENCY, an excitable junior civil servant who carries a picture of you in her wallet, and is always trying to get you to notice her. “The national anthem would be played all day long on TV and radio. There’d be carnivals in the streets showcasing our traditional clothes, dance, music and food. It will be fun for the kids too, as they can decorate their bicycles in the national colours of NATIONSNAME and win prizes for the best decorations. And looking over the festivities, a sixty-foot tall portrait of you, our most beloved leader!”
2. “A celebration isn’t a bad idea, but you’re looking at it from the wrong perspective,” offers Army General and author of the book Why Leader Is Our Greatest Strategic Asset, Tom Fils-Aimé. “An Armed Forces Day is what we need. Can you picture it now? A million armed men and women marching in perfect unison through the streets of CAPITAL, eyes right as they turn heads to salute you. Then, battalions of our newest armoured vehicles, followed by the best part: our biggest missiles on trailers. What a sight to behold! And all the civilians can be forced to be spectators; they wouldn’t dare oppose that considering all the guns on show!
3. “Public holidays have traditionally been of a religious nature,” intones Bill May, Professor of Religious Studies at the University of CAPITAL. “Why don’t we celebrate the holy moment of the creation of the world? Regardless of our faith, we can all agree that it is irrefutable that the hand of the divine was what set the universe in motion. Universe Creation Day is the holiday NATIONSNAME needs.”
4. “Naked Truth Day!” yells the next speaker, who struts into your office totally naked, and stands directly in front of you without shame. Luckily, there is a framed photo of your parents on your desk that is located perfectly to avoid any offending sight. “We need a day when every citizen can be as free as Mother Nature intended. A day when you, Leader, stand before us as if to say ‘I have nothing to hide’ and where we bask in joined consensual nakedness. It’ll be a great chance to educate everyone on the benefits of nudism. Even prudes will come round to the idea, eventually.”
5. Gillian Snow, the top undertaker in NATIONSNAME, has the final say. “I haven’t had a day off for twenty-five years. I don’t need a day off, and all these work-shy layabouts shouldn’t have one either. Leader, we don’t need another public holiday. In fact, we don’t need any public holidays. Get rid of them all; it will be good for the economy.”
6. Dismiss the issue
Option 3. sounds nice so I choose it.
The result saids ‘Fireworks and other big bangs are forbidden during the newest public holiday.’
In result, my nation get a boost of this qualities.
Prayers Per Hour 6.2%
Cheeks Turned Per Day 0.13%
Bureaucratic Comprehensiveness Rating Scale Index 0.09%
Tourists Per Hour 0.06%
And decline in this qualities
Safety Net Mesh Density Rating 0.06%
Orwell Orderliness Index 0.06%
Theresa-Nightingale Rating 0.06%
Edu-tellignce® Test Score 0.06%
Clooney Contribution Index 0.06%
Industry: Cheese Exports
Mozzarella Productivity Index 0.06%
Gilded Widget Scale 0.06%
Dolphin Recycling Awareness Index 0.06%
Societal Mobility Rating 0.06%
Gooback-Jerbs Productivity Index 0.06%
Kurzweil Singularity Index 0.39%
Crimes Per Hour 0.51%
Atheism Rate 6.2%
This choice is OK.